Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It must be the Weather?


I guess it's just the time of year for viruses and bacteria to grow and flourish. Brant had a stomach virus about a week ago. I didn't know it was a stomach virus because he was on antibiotics from ANOTHER ear infection. Obviously, antibiotics cause stomach upset. Especially strong antibiotics. Yesterday, I caught the dreaded stomach flu. I slept all day and still feel weak today. I hope and pray the rest of the family doesn't catch the nasty bug.


Brant, being my sick baby, has to get another tube in his right ear and his adenoids taken out. It is a 10 minute procedure and very safe but me being the paranoid parent, I'm a basketcase! My baby is being put to sleep with a tube down his little baby throat! It reminds me of when he was born and he had the breathing tube down his throat for 2 days. There is nothing worse in the world than to have your baby enter this world and then you cannot touch him. Then I look at it another way. We are SO blessed to have a baby who is healthy now. There are so many other parents out there that do not know if their baby will live to see another day. I must always give thanks to the good Lord and praise His name!!! Wow! I just turned this blog right around! GO ME! GO ME!!

1 comment:

Leslee P said...

you are so right... so many out there are not nearly as fortunate as we are.... sorry yall have been sick, hope you get well soon... i am feeling a little woosy myself...