Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Where have I been?







Where have I been? Let's see.....






Brenley just finished up 1st grade. She is off to 2nd grade. I CANNOT believe my little baby girl is going to 2nd grade! I went with her class on a field trip to the zoo. We had a blast! She got to have a friend walk with us and Brant went too. All of them behaved so well. (that's almost impossible for Brant to do) I was so proud and exhausted at the same time. We all took a nap when we got home.






We have spent TOO much time at the dentist with Bren. She started complaining about her tooth hurting and it was time for a cleaning anyways so off to the dentist we went. They cleaned her teeth then proceeded to tell Jonathan that she needed so much work done that she would have to go to a pediatric dentist. We took her to Snodgrass and King. They are amazing!!!! She had an abscess tooth, 2 cavities and needed 2 caps. They did it all in one day and she wasn't scared AT ALL!!!! I was so freaked out I spent a lot of time in the waiting room. I was freaking out in the back and didn't want to scare her so Jonathan sent me to sit out there. She just got her spacer in Monday and we are done for the moment with the dentist. (until I schedule Brant's cleaning) Poor little girl doesn't stand a chance. Her mom and dad have terrible teeth:(




Brant turned 2!!!! We had an Elmo party and he wore himself out. He fell asleep before the party was even over. I am so happy I have a heathly and happy 2 year old but it makes me a little sad my baby is growing up.





Brant has an eye appointment on the 10th. He failed the eye test he took at daycare. I hope his eyes are fine because he will not keep glasses on unless I glue them to his head.






He is finally talking and making sense! With his history of ear problems the Dr was concerned he might have lost some hearing. He was behind with talking and really scared us. Then one day he started saying his alphabet! The WHOLE alphabet minus like 5 letters! The sneaky little thing was tricking us! He now sings, talks and counts. He can count to 12 although he doesn't like the number 6. He sings the wheels on the bus, itsy bitsy spider, if you're happy and you know it, abc's and the turtle song. That's major seeing as 2 months ago he was mute!!!!






Jonathan has been busy mowing the lawn, washing cars and getting out on the lake. He could do all 3 of those everyday! I have been working out, laying out and enjoying my family!!! We love summertime!



No comments: